Make a homemade salt scrub with coconut oil for clear glowing skin!
It’s summer – time to pull out your open shoes and rock them but what’s this? Cracked flaky heels?! No way! You need a homemade salt scrub ASAP! And not just any salt scrub but one containing coconut oil, specifically!
A homemade salt scrub with coconut oil is nothing short of amazing when it comes to making flaky skin disappear. What’s more is it’s very easy to whip up! All you need are three ingredients, people! Sea salt, coconut oil and your favorite essential oil for scent!
Why use coconut oil? Coconut oil smells of summer and beaches but that’s not the only reason we’re using it! It is an oil that easily and quickly penetrates into skin, leaving it moisturized and soft. It also has antibacterial properties which help fight off germs.
Another thing to note before we get onto the recipe is the type of ingredients we shall be using. Use coarse sea salt & fractionated coconut oil for this homemade salt scrub recipe, instead of using fine salt and solid/creamy coconut oil.
Among the essential oils you can use are lavender essential oil, geranium essential oil, ylang ylang essential oil, lemongrass essential oil, peppermint essential oil and rosemary essential oil.
Homemade Salt Scrub with Coconut Oil
What you need:
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- ½ cup fractionated coconut oil
- 25 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Large mixing bowl & spoon
- Air tight jars for storage
- What you’re going to do is add 1 cup of coarse sea salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Next add ½ cup of fractionated coconut oil.
- Mix the two ingredients thoroughly together to form a mixture.
- Finally, add 25 drops of your preferred essential oil(s). You can add a blend of essential oils or just one favorite essential oil.
- Mix again with the spoon and voila! Your homemade salt scrub with coconut oil is ready for use! Store in air tight containers. To use, place a suitable amount like 2 tbsp in a non-glass bowl and take it to the shower with you. Rub it gently on wet skin for about 2 minutes then rinse off.
I hope you try this simple homemade salt scrub with coconut oil! Which essential oil(s) are you going to add? Share below!