Dry cracked feet don’t just look bad, they also feel bad! Especially when the cracks are itchy and bleed! Foot soaks are soothing treatments for dry cracked feet. Make a homemade foot soak for dry cracked feet with just a few common ingredients and say hello to beautiful feet!
Sometimes, no matter how much water you drink or how careful you are with your feet (wearing good sandals, making sure your feet are dry before pulling on a pair of socks, etc) you can still end up with dry cracked feet. In such cases, it’s really helpful to do foot soaks that aim at softening the feet, killing germs, moisturizing dry skin and speeding up healing of cracks.
Below is a super effective foot soak recipe for dry cracked feet. Once you do it, you’ll keep marveling at how amazing your feet look!
Homemade Foot Soak for Dry Cracked Feet
What you need
- 1 cup Epsom salt (where to get it)
- 1 cup fine sea salt (where to get it)
- 2 cups baking soda (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (where to get it)
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap (where to get it)
- 1 gallon of hot water
- A foot soak tub (where to get it)
- Pumice stone (where to get it)
- In your bathroom, put a stool and fill a tub with a gallon of hot water from the tap. Make sure it’s hot but not too hot to burn you. Keep a jug of warm water and clean towel near you to rinse and dry your feet after the soak.
- Now add the Epsom salt, fine sea salt, baking soda and coconut oil and mix well.
- Then pour in the liquid castile soap and give it another swish to activate the soap.
- Immerse your feet and soak for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Then soap up your feet and use a pumice stone to scrub the soles of your feet.
- Rinse well with the jug of water and pat dry with the towel.
- Voila! Your feet will be squeaky clean moisturized and flake-free!
- Do this homemade foot soak for dry cracked feet once a week. For extremely dry cracked feet you can do it twice a week.
Other Remedies for Dry Cracked Feet
► Soothing peppermint foot cream. Make your own cooling peppermint foot cream which is great for relaxing tired dry cracked feet. Simply add about 10 drops of peppermint oil in ½ cup of coconut oil. Rub onto your feet after a long day then throw on a pair of breathable socks.
► Apple cider vinegar. This is a good ingredient for a foot soak. It scrounges off dead cells and flaky skin and deeply cleanses cracked feet. Buy organic apple cider vinegar and avoid the synthetic red versions at the store.
► A slice or two of lemon. In the shower or bathtub, rub your feet with a huge slice of a lemon. Let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse off with warm water.
► Vaseline. A great lubricant, Vaseline helps extremely dry and cracked feet. Wet your feet with warm water then pat dry. Now rub a liberal amount of Vaseline all over your feet and cover with a pair of comfortable socks. Do this nightly for softer and well moisturized feet.