Do you know about this potent homemade anti-aging face mask to prevent wrinkles? It helps stimulate blood circulation to the skin and reduces the appearance of already existing wrinkles.
Your skin begins aging at 26. First the lines are small and barely noticeable, but then with time they become deeper and more prominent. Of course, if you smoke, do drugs or use harsh chemicals on your skin, it ages much faster.
Proper skin care targeted towards fighting aging should begin when you are still in your teens. Now if only I knew that when I was a teen! Years of battling teenage acne and using drying anti-acne creams left my skin thin, dry and aged by the time I was in my 20s.
About this homemade anti-aging face mask – please don’t wait until you’re 50 to use it. Make it a regular part of your skin care routine, whether you have visible wrinkles yet or not.
Why You Need an Anti-Aging Face Mask
As our skin ages, it becomes thinner and drier. Some of the characteristics of aging skin include:
- Thinning of the epidermis
- Lower moisture content
- Reduced level of cell replenishment
- Presence of wrinkles, fine lines and dark spots
- Loss of elasticity and increase in sagging
- Uneven shedding of dead skin cells
- Reduced production of natural oils/sebum
The purpose of an anti-aging face mask is to boost the skin cells by supplying them with antioxidants and nutrients/skin food. This homemade anti-aging face mask will help:
- Moisturize and re-hydrate the skin
- Make the skin smooth and supple
- Promote collagen and elastin production
- Increase circulation to the skin
- Fight free radical damage
- Exfoliate uneven patches of dead skin caused by aging
- Promote a healthy, youthful and rosy complexion
Homemade Anti-Aging Face Mask
To make your homemade anti-aging face mask, you’ll need the following natural ingredients:
- Colloidal Oatmeal: A gentle exfoliant and skin softener
- Manuka Honey: The most superior of all honeys, manuka honey is extremely rich in antioxidants that help to reverse the clock on aging skin. It’s also great for all sorts of skin ailments including acne and hyperpigmentation.
- Coconut Oil: Rich in good fatty acids that help in moisturizing, hydrating, rejuvenating and invigorating dull, tired and aging skin.
- Frankincense Essential Oil: This is the holy grail essential oil for antiaging. It is one of the oldest essential oils and is known for healing many skin ailments including wrinkles, age spots and more.
- 2 teaspoons of colloidal oatmeal (where to get it)
- 1 teaspoon of manuka honey (where to get it)
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil (where to get it)
- 5 drops of frankincense oil (where to get it)
- In a small bowl, measure out and pour in all your ingredients.
- Using a small spoon, mix everything thoroughly.
- Now apply the mask using the back of the spoon or your fingertips onto your face and neck.
- It is best to apply the mask while you are in the shower so as to not make a mess.
- Apply the mask onto your cleaned skin, after taking off any and all makeup.
- Leave your homemade antiaging face mask for 10 – 15 minutes.
- When the time is done, gently remove the mask using a wet cotton cloth.
- Wash your face as usual, using a gentle cleanser.
- Your skin should now feel squeaky clean, smooth, supple and firmer!