Soap can be irritating for skin as it’s filled with fragrance and synthetic chemicals. But how else can you cleanse your skin if not with soap? Using natural kitchen ingredients of course! And don’t worry they work just fine!
I’ve noticed a lot of facial cleanser recipes out there using liquid castile soap. But for some people, even a gentle soap like liquid castile can be irritating. For such sensitive skin, a simple soap-free facial cleanser will do wonders in purifying skin and keeping it looking youthful.
Follow the soap-free facial cleanser recipe below and you won’t look back!
Soap-Free Facial Cleanser Recipe
What you need
- 5 tsp almond flour (where to get it)
- 4 tsp kaolin clay (where to get it)
- 3 tsp vegetable glycerine (where to get it)
- ¼ tsp organic rose water (where to get it)
- 3 drops geranium oil (where to get it)
- 3 drops tea tree oil (where to get it)
- 4 drops lavender oil (where to get it)
- Small bowl & spoon
- Clean container for storage (where to get it)
Benefits of Each Ingredient Works
Almond flour – This ingredient is got by grinding up dry almonds to create a flour. Grounds almonds are actually a skin lightening ingredient that have been used to brighten skin in South East Asia for long. They can help fade away blemishes, acne scars and dark spots.
Kaolin clay – A soft white clay, kaolin clay is also known as China clay because it’s mined from the Kao-ling mountains in China. It is the best cosmetic clay for sensitive skin types in particular. In this soap-free facial cleanser recipe, kaolin clay creates a cleansing milky paste when the cleanser is mixed with water before use.
Vegetable glycerine – This is the base ingredient which combines everything together into a mixture. It also has cleansing properties, is a natural astringent and gives the soap-free facial cleanser a sort of gliding effect for smooth and easy cleansing.
Rose water – It’s refreshing, cleansing and toning for skin. Rose water is also good for refreshing skin and cooling it down.
Geranium oil – This oil smells wonderfully floral and has skin balancing effects. It regulates sebum secretion and moisturizes dry skin.
Tea tree oil – Antibacterial in nature, tea tree oil kills germs including acne-causing bacteria hence disinfecting skin.
Lavender oil – Lavender has cleansing action and it’s also soothing and calming for sensitive and easily irritable skin types.
- Dump the ingredients into a bowl and stir with a spoon to create a well combined mixture.
- Now take the mixture in your clean hands and start rolling it into a ball.
- Store the ball in a clean container.
- To use, break off a tiny pea-sized amount, then wet your hands and rub then together. It will create a milky paste.
- Rub this paste on your face like soap.
- Rinse off with tepid water.
Try out this soap-free facial cleanser recipe for sensitive skin, acne, eczema and even rosacea.