Do you know how easy it is to make your own face cream? This DIY coconut oil face cream recipe uses just 3 ingredients but it’s so luxurious! Check it out!
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Skin
Coconut oil is a creamy and silky moisturizer all on its own. It has the following benefits for skin:
- Rich in medium chain fatty acids that have a small molecular structure to easily penetrate into the skin
- Nourish skin cells
- Soften skin
- Delay wrinkles and fine lines
- And more!
DIY Coconut Oil Face Cream Recipe
What you Need
- 3 tbsp extra virgin creamy coconut oil (where to get it)
- 1 vitamin E capsule (where to get it)
- 7 drops tea tree essential oil (where to get it)
- Amber glass jar for storage (where to get it)
- Scoop your 3 tbsp of creamy coconut oil into the amber glass jar. In case your coconut oil is hard, pop the jar into a bowl of hot water to soften up. We’re using an amber glass jar to protect the coconut oil face cream from light degradation.
- Now pop the vitamin E capsule with a safety pin and squeeze out the oil into your jar.
- Lastly, add the drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Using a clean spoon, stir all the ingredients together to form a silky white cream.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Massage a tiny amount on your clean face after cleansing it and patting dry. Remember, a little goes a long way with this DIY coconut oil face cream, so use a small amount to avoid looking cream.
- Instead of tea tree essential oil which I added for its anti-bacterial properties (no acne breakouts), you can use any of your fav essential oils like lavender oil, geranium oil, frankincense oil, etc.
- Do not get water into your DIY coconut oil face cream.
- Use only clean fingers to dip into the face cream to prevent contamination.
Don’t forget to share this easy DIY coconut oil face cream recipe with everyone you love!