Create this DIY Aloe Vera Gel Hair Mask to soothe your scalp and promote healthy hair!
Aloe vera gel is popularly known as a natural remedy for sunburn. But did you know that you can use this lush gel to create a hair mask! Yes, that’s right and there are several benefits of applying aloe vera gel to your hair!
Check them out below:
Benefits of an Aloe Vera Gel Hair Mask
Here are some great benefits of using an aloe vera gel hair mask on your scalp and hair:
- Soothes the scalp
- Reduces scalp inflammation
- Cools down an overheated scalp
- Fights dandruff
- Balances an oily scalp
- Stimulates hair growth
- Seals moisture in hair
- And more!
DIY Aloe Vera Gel Hair Mask
Strive to use pure high quality aloe vera gel with no additives. I suggest buying a good brand like Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel or Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel. These are my two favorite aloe vera gels.
Okay, onto the recipe:
- ¼ cup pure aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 drops tea tree oil
- 4 drops lavender oil
- Medium-sized bowl & whisk
- In a medium sized bowl, add ¼ cup of pure aloe vera gel followed by 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Now carefully add 4 drops each of tea tree and lavender oils.
- Mix everything together with a whisk to form a creamy mixture.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair strands, preferably after wetting them.
- Once you’ve finished applying, wrap your hair up and throw on a shower cap.
- Allow the DIY aloe vera gel mask to work its magic for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and wash your hair as usual.
- Enjoy your beautiful hair!
- You can use this hair mask two times a week!
Try this DIY aloe vera hair mask and come share your results!