Beautymunsta.com brings to you a potent agave nectar face mask to heal acne, exfoliate dead cells and refresh & rejuvenate your skin.
Beauty Benefits of Agave Nectar
Agave nectar has swept the natural health market by a storm. It’s a less-refined, more natural sweetener, a great alternative to white sugar. Originating from Mexico, agave nectar is extracted from a plant and is added to food and drinks for natural sweetening.
But have you thought of applying agave nectar to your skin? You’ll be surprised by the amazing beauty benefits of agave for your skin. Some of the ways agave nectar can help your skin include:
- Breaks down dead cells and freshens your skin
- Acts as a gentle exfoliant
- Reduces acne, pimples and blackheads
- Makes your skin soft and supple
- Has anti-aging properties
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Helps heal wounds on the skin
- Soothes irritated skin
- Agave nectar is rich in glycolic acid, which is an awesome plant sugar that penetrates the skin quickly and easily. This makes it a great remedy for treating acne, blackheads, wrinkles and more. It also gives life to dull, gray skin and regulates oily skin!
DIY Agave Nectar Face Mask for Bright Clear Skin
Agave is a golden-colored syrup that has a consistency just like honey. So in this face mask, we won’t need to add any other ‘liquid’ ingredient. In fact, the only other ingredients we need are: baking soda and your choice of skin-supporting essential oil.
- Baking soda is an all-round natural ingredient that is safe and non-toxic for skin. In this agave face mask, baking soda acts as a gentle exfoliating agent. Its fizzy action breaks down dead skin cells and hardened grime and oil within the pores. It’s also anti-acne so it helps keep of nasty zits from developing.
- Essential oils are something I cannot live without for daily skin care. In this face mask, feel free to use any of the following essential oils, which are known to heal and support the skin: tea tree oil, geranium oil, lavender oil, helichrysum oil and frankincense oil
Now let’s see how we can make this simple yet potent agave nectar face mask!
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar (where to get it)
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda (where to get it)
- 2 drops of essential oil of choice like tea tree oil, geranium oil or lavender oil
- In a small glass bowl, mix all your ingredients together evenly.
- Apply this face mask onto your skin using your fingertips. It’s best to apply face masks onto freshly washed skin, to take off any products such as makeup.
- Allow the face mask to rest on your skin for at least 5 minutes.
- Now wash off by using a wet microfiber cloth to gently remove the mask. You can use a gentle face cleanser to wash your face as you normally do. Pat dry and moisturize with your favorite face oil/cream.
Where to Get Agave Nectar
I recommend getting Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave. It’s , certified fair trade, organic and GMO-free. You will get it in a 11.75 oz bottle.
You can do this agave nectar face mask up to 2 times a week to perk up your skin and keep it acne-free!