Can A Simple Coffee Scrub Get Rid of Cellulite?
In my hunt for a natural yet effective cellulite removal remedy, I’ve come across all sorts of weird, wacky and even some highly questionable remedies out there. But this coffee scrub? It’s GOLD I tell you! It’s so good that word’s getting around fast. Everyone who’s serious about cellulite removal knows the power of body scrubs, and in particular this energizing coffee scrub, for clearing cellulite.
If you’re on this page, then I can safely assume you already know what cellulite is – they’re those annoying little dips and dimples that are like craters on your skin, especially on the arms, tummy, hip and thigh regions.
Scientifically speaking, cellulite is a condition caused by the strands (called strea) that hold the fat under the skin pulling downwards, thereby causing dents on the top layer of the skin.
Now, how does a coffee scrub help you ask? Well its simple! When you rub in the coffee scrub vigorously and consistently all over your cellulite it does a very important thing – it stimulates blood flow and circulation to the skin.
What makes the coffee scrub great for cellulite is the super ingredient, caffeine. Caffeine, being a natural stimulant, is extra powerful in creating circulation compared to other body scrubs which don’t have caffeine.
Coffee Scrub Before and After
It can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 3 months to begin noticing significant reduction in the appearance of cellulite, but trust me, sooner or later, you WILL notice a favorable change with time.
The key is to be consistent, don’t give up halfway and being dedicated.
Even if you have severe cellulite, you’ll begin noticing a drastic improvement in your skin within a few uses of the coffee scrub.
How to Make Your Homemade Coffee Scrub for Cellulite
Making your own cellulite treatment coffee scrub couldn’t get any easier than this! Simply mix together the following:
- ½ cup of fractionated coconut oil (find it here)
- 1 cup of fresh organic coffee grounds (find it here)
- ½ cup of raw sugar (find it here)
Store your scrub in a clean, dry glass jar and it will keep well for up to 2 months, but don’t worry you’ll be using this scrub at least every 3 days so it will get finished way before 2 months and you’ll soon be making your next batch!
How to Use This Coffee Scrub for Best Results
1. Rub: Standing in your bathroom, scoop out a half a handful of your coffee scrub and rub it all over your cellulite-stricken areas using your fingers. Once you have covered the entire area move on to the next step.
2. Massage: We are not talking about a soft, relaxing massage that puts you to sleep here. For intense cellulite-busting we are going to need firm, rigorous massage. Using your knuckles, begin kneading up and down your cellulite (for example on the arms or thighs) in long, stroking motions. Do this for at least 5 minutes.
3. Wrap: Get some good old cling wrap and wrap up your thighs/legs or whatever part you have cellulite in. Wrap reasonable smugly and leave the wrap on for at least 15 minutes.
4. Wash: Now wash off with warm water, or have a shower the way you normally do. You don’t need to use soap at all, if you so wish.
Why Does the Coffee Scrub Work So Well for Cellulite
The contents of the coffee scrub are perfectly designed for removing cellulite because of their individual benefits and properties, as we’ll explore below:
→ Coffee Grounds: Rich in caffeine, coffee grounds stimulate proper blood flow to the surface of the skin and is rich in antioxidants which make the skin supple, smooth and youthful looking. Caffeine helps tighten the skin making it look more taught and perky looking, thereby reducing the appearance of cellulite. Coffee grounds are also highly exfoliating, sloughing off dead skin and revealing brighter, beautiful skin.
→ Coconut Oil: This nutritious and healing oil works wonder for almost every ailment under the sun, including cellulite. Coconut oil is highly anti-inflammatory, helping to reduce puffiness, swelling and any form of inflammation on the skin that’s causing your cellulite to look more pronounced. It also helps prevent premature aging and wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Coconut oil also helps get rid of scars, blemishes and stretch marks.
→ Raw Sugar: Highly exfoliating, raw sugar crystals act like tiny massage beads that rub against skin during a scrub, stimulating the cellulite under the skin to perk up and smoothen out. Raw sugar also helps break down scar tissue and fade scars.