In love with both argan and coconut oils? Then you have got to try this luxurious whipped argan oil and coconut oil mix for skin! It has much more properties that just moisturizing skin as you will find out below!
Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin
A smooth golden oil that’s extracted from argan nuts of the argan trees native to Morocco, argan oil is a gem in the skincare world. What makes it great for skin in particular is its comedogenic rating of zero. A comedogenic rating means a scale of 0 – 5 which shows the pore clogging rate of a skin care product. This means argan oil won’t clog your pores at all which is great for acne prone skin, oily skin and clogged pores.
Argan oil also has skin moisturizing properties, wrinkle-smoothing effects and is helpful for inflammatory skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Read more: 10 Beauty Benefits of Argan Oil with Skin Care Recipes
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Skin
A multipurpose beauty oil that’s characterized by its creamy white consistency, coconut oil is touted as a wonderful moisturizer. It has a small molecular structure that allows it to penetrate deep into the skin and nourish it.
Coconut oil is also good for facial cleansing, reducing inflammation, softening rough patches of skin and promoting youthful skin. Read more: Top 20 Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
How does this argan oil and coconut oil mix really do for skin? Take a look at some of its uses:
- Facial moisturizer for normal skin
- Body cream after showering
- Hand cream for soft hands
- Elbow and knee softener
- Cracked heel cream
- Shaving cream
- After sun lotion
- Sunburn soother
- Aftershave cream
Now onto the recipe!
DIY Argan Oil and Coconut Oil Mix for Skin
What you need
- ½ cup of coconut oil (where to get it)
- ¼ cup of shea butter (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp argan oil (where to get it)
- 1 tsp cornstarch (where to get it)
- 7 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 7 drops geranium essential oil (where to get it)
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer (where to get it)
- 8 oz mason jar (where to get it)
- Add shea butter to a large bowl. Make sure it’s soft enough to scoop up with a spoon. Otherwise, soften it using a double boiler. All you have to do is place the shea butter in the double boiler and heat over a medium low flame on the stove top. When it has softened, transfer to the bowl.
- Now add the creamy coconut oil and 1 tbsp of argan oil.
- Use the hand mixer to beat the ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Then add the corn starch and beat again with the hand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Voila! A fluffy argan oil and coconut oil mix for skin has been created!
- Store your magic mix in a 8 oz ball mason jar or two 4 oz glass jars.
Before using essential oils on your skin, first do a patch test to test for skin allergies or sensitivity.